Baglamukhi temple Kangra Himachal Pradesh
Baglamukhi temple Kangra is a famous ancient temple. This sacred place falls in Bankhandi village district Kangra of Himachal Pradesh. It is a very beautiful location as it is located on the NH-503 highway. Baglamukhi temple is not just famous in Himachal Pradesh but also out of Himachal. The biggest celebrities like Actor Govinda and the actress Shilpa Shetty have visited this place.
Only three temples in the country are dedicated to Maa Baglamukhi; they are located in Datia, Madhya Pradesh, Nalkheda, and Kangra.
Whoever comes to this place with a pure heart will never return with an empty hand. Havanas are organized here on regular basis. Many people perform Havan to fulfill their wishes, while others perform Havan to fulfill their wishes.
History of Temple
The history of the Baglamukhi temple is older than the Mahabharata era. According to mythology Mata Baglamukhi originated because of lord Brahma. According to legend, a Rakshasa stole a Grantha of Brahma and hid it in Patal Lok. For this Mata takes Bagula look to kill this rakshasa. Mata Baglamukhi is 8th among the ten Shaktipeeths.
Pandavas performed devotion here during their exile period and built the temple today known as Baglamukhi Temple.
Important Facts of This Temple
This is Maa Baglamukhi, the eighth incarnation of Durga Mata. It is a great celebration to honor Goddess Baglamukhi Jayanti. Hindus celebrate it on the eighth day of Shukla Paksha in the month of Vaishakh. Whole the temple looks beautiful on that day. With yellow flowers, it is decorated like a bride.
The entire temple is yellow in color. The main statue of Mata is plated with yellow color along with Chunari (Mantilla). In the temple, the prasad would also have been yellow. The devotees who come for darshan also wear yellow clothes. It is best to visit on Thursdays because this day is the day of Maa Baglamukhi.
- By wearing yellow clothes goddess is known as Peetambra. Goddess is also known by the name of Shtrunashini Bagla Mukhi.
- The Baglamukhi temple was built in dawapar time by PANDVA’s in only one night.
- Former prime minister Indira Gandhi visited here in 1977 when she lost the election.
- Many biggest Politicians come here to take the blessing of Mata Baglamukhi.
- Bollywood actress Shilpa Shetty had recently visited here after the Bail of her husband Raj Kundra.
जय माँ बगलामुखी जी
How to Reach Baglamukhi Temple
- Baglamukhi Temple is 50 km away from Dharamshala. You can take a direct bus from here or taxis are also available to Bangla Mukhi.
- Dehra bus stand is 16 to 17 km distance from the temple.
- Near the airport is Gagal airport which is 34.5 km from here. Do not confuse between Gagal and Kangra airports both are the same.
Nearby Places to explore
Chintpurni Temple and Jawalamukhi Temple and many more temples are very close by. During this visit, you can also explore the nearby Kangra Fort.
Historical Kangra Fort is one of the most popular tourist destinations near Dharamshala. It is about 21.2 km in distance from Bangla Mukhi. Additionally, here you can explore the fort with a pleasant view.
During the period of their exile, the Pandavas built the Masroor temple. It is about 30 km away from Bagla Mukhi.
At least once you should visit the Baglamukhi temple. Many people have fulfilled their wishes at this temple. In this temple, wishes are fulfilled through the burning of incense (Hawan). Also, remember that you should first learn the mantra’s pronunciation from a pundit or by yourself. On the whole, If you pronounce a mantra incorrectly, the opposite can occur.